Thursday, April 19, 2007

POEMS




WHO IS ALLAH


Allaah is the One Who made us
You and also me!
Allaah made the whole wide world
And all the things we see.

Allaah, He knows everything
He knows the things we do
Allaah hears and sees all things
And knows what we’re up to.

Allaah, He looks after us
And gives us life to live
He gives us clothes and food and health
All good things He does give.

Allaah, He protects us all
And keeps us far from harm
He gives us shelter from the cold
And keeps us safe and calm.

Allaah is the One Who guides
He tells us what to do
Allaah says to worship Him
This way we’ll be good too.

Allaah is our One best Friend!
There’s none like Him for sure!
The Kindest One and Merciful
So let’s love Allaah more!

THE PROPHET AND MESSENGERS


A Muslim follows Allaah’s Prophets
And His Messengers, see
May Allaah bless each one of them
And peace upon them, be.

They came to teach us al-Islaam
And how we should behave
They were the best of all Muslims
Truthful, kind and brave.

They came at different times to people
Far into the past
From Aadam, Moosa, Aaron, ‘Eesa
And Muhammad (s) came last.

So let’s all learn about the Prophets
Read what they came for
‘Alayhimus-salaam we say
And love them more and more!




TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE
[1]

(For poems numbered: (2) Who Is Allaah? (3) Allaah Is One God. (4) Where Is Allaah? (5) Allaah’s Angels. (6) Allaah’s Books.)

Q1. Who gives us food, clothes, health, life and all good things?

Q2. Allaah is the only true God. Nothing deserves to be worshipped except Allaah. Is this true or false?

Q3. Where is Allaah?

Q4. Which Angel revealed the Qur’aan to Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam?

Q5. Which Book did Allaah reveal to Prophet Moosa, ‘alayhis-salaam, and which one to Prophet ‘Eesa
’alayhis-salaam?

[2]

(For poems numbered: (7) The Prophets And Messengers. (8) The Last Prophet and Messenger. (9) Say: Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam. (10) The Day Of Judgement. (11) Why Am I Here?)

Q1. Name four of Allaah’s Prophets and Messengers ‘alayhimus-salaam.

Q2. What words do we say in Arabic after we mention the name of Prophet Muhammad?

Q3. The last Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam, always spoke the truth. Can you name two other
things about his good character?

Q4. Allaah will bring us back to life again one Day after we die. What is that Day called?

Q5. Why did Allaah create us and put us on His earth?




Ya Allah

Kamala Surayya

(Earlier known as Kamala Das & Madavikkutty)

1st Poem after Conversion

Ya Allah

I perceive the Prophet's features, as
yet unrevealed, on my beloved's
mien... Who but Mohammed would dare
to embrace a sinner and call her
Mother? I seek refuge in you, just
a moment or two, of forgetting,
for the weariest pilgrim of all
whose footfalls thumped the beaches, the hills
the proscenium of the brave old
cities of the world, where she strutted
singing of human love. Perfect her,
if perfecting is your task, this singer
who lost her voice, singing, this danseuse
whose fatigued limbs tremble. The icons
have all fallen. They lie in
misshapen heaps among the bushes
that sport dusty leaves, dusty flowers.
The temple bells have sunk into a vast
silence, a silence shaped like a paw
fallen on the city, cutting off
its breath and yet all I can think of
is my dear one's resplendent smile, he,
beloved of merciful Allah,
who has unhurriedly claimed me for his own.

http://www.surayya.com/

ABC Poem for Children

A is for Allah
Lord of the Universe, who is One,
He made the earth, stars, and sun
He made angels to worship and pray,
He made man from a dab of clay

B is for Bilal
Bilal is that tall, brave African man,
Islam freed him and gave him iman
Calling the Muslims to come and pray,
Was his duty each night and day

C is for Children
Black, white, red, yellow, and brown,
Better than the jewels in a crown
Laughing or crying, short or tall,
Allah loves children, one and all

D is for Du'a
Remembering Allah all nights and days,
By giving Him our thanks and praise
Thank Allah with "Al Hamdulillah"
And praise Him with "Subhanallah

E is for Earth
With its mountains, rivers, and seas,
Animals, birds, fruits, and trees
They all declare Allah's Might,
Following His laws, wills, and light

F is for Faith
That which the Muslims call Iman,
Is in the heart of the believing man
Will come from his lip and hand,
Love for Allah pouring out like sand

G is for Gabriel
An angel(called Jibraeel in Islam) created by Allah from light,
His duty is to serve Allah all day and night
To Prophet Muhammad (S) he did appear,
To bring mankind the Holy Qur'an so dear

H is for Heaven
God's garden of joy, peace, and love,
The home for Muslim's souls above
The path to this heavenly place
Is faith in Allah's guidance and grace

I is for Islam
A way of life for all of who,
Give to Allah the praise that is due
We worship and pray five times a day,
Because we know it is the best way

J is for Jesus
Peace be upon him, 'Isa, the son of Maryam,
To his people Allah's word did he carry
By Allah's help he made the sick well,
So people would believe what he had to tell

K is for Ka'bah
First house of Allah in Makkah was made,
By Ibrahim and Isma'il the stones were laid
Millions of believers from every race,
Come for Hajj tot his extra special place

L is for Life
A precious gift from Allah to you,
Don't waste it, he knows what you do
Don't chase pleasure or forget Allah,
No matter how little, say "Al-Hamdulillah

M is for Muhammad
Peace be upon him, Abdullah's son,
From Allah's enemies he did not run
Of all the Prophets he was the last,
Islam his message which we hold fast

N is for Nuh
Peace be upon him, a Prophet who was very good,
Allah told him to build an ark, fast as he could
Take pairs of animals and the believers-all,
The flood was coming and the waves would be tall!

O is for Obedience
It is the duty of each Muslim to obey,
The Qur'an and the Sunnah all the way
Go for Hajj, give Zakah, fast, and pray,
And to your parents do not say, "Nay!"

P is for Prayer
It is the cornerstone of Muslim life,
And the devil it cuts like a knife
Prayer five times a day is a must,
In Allah you should put your trust

Q is for Qur'an
A blessing and guide for all of mankind,
In it Allah's message you will find
Of all His messages it is the last,
Perfect for present, future, and past

R is for Ramadan
For Muslims this blessed month of fasting,
Is to celebrate Allah's love everlasting
All day, no food, nor drink, nor evil deeds,
Pray and read Qur'an, to heaven this leads

S is for Surah
One hundred and fourteen in the Qur'an,
Read them and trust in Al-Rahman,
Do you know ten of them that you can say?
Knowing them will help you pray

T is for Tawheed
La ilaaha illallah, Allah is the only one,
There is no partner with Him, nor son
Allah is the answer to all that we need,
Watch your heart and tongue, He knows every deed

U is for Ummah
The Muslim community which Muhammad (S) found,
The brotherhood of Islam made it sound
Allah's laws in the Qur'an and Sunnah,
Are to help everyone in the Ummah

V is for Victory
It is the help from Allah to you,
His guidance in everything you do
Work and prayer a Muslim does need,
To celebrate Allah's victory, indeed!

W is for Wudu'
We must keep our minds and bodies clean,
Because by Allah we are always seen
Whenever you hear the call of athan,
Prepare and come pray as soon as you can

X is for ......
X is not easy for us to rhyme,
So we'll not waste much of your time
In higher math X is hard to find,
But Allah's path is clear even to the blind

Y is for Yunus
Peace be upon him, a good man in a wicked town,
He ran to the sea and a whale gobbled him down
By the mercy of Allah he was saved to tell,
His people to become good and obey Allah well

Z is for Zero-sin
It is the way we each begin,
Free from wordly sin
So, don't let yourself forget,
Keep out of the devil's threat!

A Mother's Plea

by Asma

I toss and turn in the early morn

I cry my heart out silently

Thinking of times when softly cuddled me

The child I thought a great man would be

But now he, drugs and song, foul

So called 'Free'

My child is destroyed by society.

A society upkept by men of greed

Corrupt

Looking for fair maidens to envelope

In their beastly desires

And spineless men of religion

Screaming from their lofty pulpits

Engaging the masses in crazy antics

Opinion yes

Clapping and wailing with conviction

Yet returning to their shacks to face eviction

Why Muslims can't you see

You are to save this town from tragedy

Fill the mosques and fill the strees

With young and old, and beat no retreat

In face of satan

And proceed to tear

His foundation from under his feet.

Proclaim the message far and wide

With hand and heart turn the tide

And feel no fear but make your stand

Cause what you do is by command.

Death is Certain

This is a tale of an average man,

Who acts contrary to Allah's Plan,

If you are reflected herein,

Then repent, and commit no sin

It was early in the morning at four,

When death knocked upon a bedroom door,

"Who is There?" the sleeping one cried,

"I'm Azrael, let me inside."

At once, the man began to shiver,

As one sweating in deadly fever,

He shouted to his sleeping wife,

"Don't let him take away my life."

"Please go away, O Angel of Death!

Leave me alone I am not ready yet.

My family on me depend,

Give me chance, O please perpend!"

The Angel knocked again and again,

"Friend! I will take your life without a pain.

It's your soul that Allah doth require

I come not with my own desire."

Bewildered, the man began to cry,

"O Angel! I am so afraid to die.

I will give you gold, and be your slave,

Don't send me to the unlit grave."

"Let me in, O Friend!", the Angel said,

"Open the door, get up from your bed,

If you do not allow me in,

I will walk through it like a Jinn"

The man held a gun in his right hand,

Ready to defy the Angel's stand.

"I will point my gun towards your head,

If you dare come in, I will shoot you dead."

By now, the Angel was in the room,

Saying, "O friend prepare for your doom.

Foolish man, Angels never die,

Put down your gun and do not sigh."

"Why are you afraid! Tell me O man,

To die according to Allah's plan?

Come, smile at me, do not be grim,

Be happy to return to Him."

"O Angel! I bow my head in shame,

I had no time to recite Allah's name,

From morn' till dusk, I made my wealth,

Not even caring for my health."

"Allah's commands, I never obeyed,

Nor five times a day I ever prayed.

A Ramadhan came, a Ramadhan went,

But no time had I to repent."

"The Hajj was already farz on me,

but I would not part with my money.

All charities, I did ignore.

Taking usury more and more."

"Some time I sipped my favorite wine,

with flirting women I sat to dine.

O Angel I appeal to you,

Spare my life for a year or two.

"The laws of the Quran I will obey,

I will begin Salaat this very day,

My fast and Hajj I will complete,

and keep away from self concet.

"I will refrain from usury,

and give all my wealth to charity.

Wine and wenches I will detest,

Allah's oneness I will attest."

"We Angels do what Allah demands,

We can not go against his commands.

Death is ordained for everyone,

Father, Mother, Daughter or son."

"I'm afraid, this moment is your last.

Now be reminded, more of your past.

I do understand your fears,

But it is now too late for tears."

"You lived in this world, two score or more,

Never did you, your people adore.

Your parents, you did not obey,

Hungry beggars, you turned away."

"Your two ill-gotten, female offspring,

In nightclubs, for livelihodd they sing.

Instead of making more Muslims,

You made your children non-muslim."

"You ignored the Muezzin's Azaan,

Nor did you read the Holy Quran.

Breaking promises all your life,

Backbiting friends and causing strife."

"From hoarded goods, great profits you made,

And your poor workers, you underpaid.

Horses and cards were your leisure,

Money making was your pleasure."

"You ate vitamins and grew more fat,

with the very poor and sick, you never sat.

A pint of blood you never gave,

which could a little baby save."

"O human, you have done enough wrong,

You bought properties for a song.

When the farmers appealed to you,

You did not have mercy, 'tis true."

"Paradise for you? I cannot tell,

Undoubtedly you will dwell in Hell.

There's no time for you to repent,

I'll take your soul, for which I am sent."

The ending, however, is very sad,

Eventually the man became mad.

With a cry he jumped out of bed,

And suddenly, he fell dead.

O Reader, take a moral from here,

Never know, your end may be near.

Change your living and make amends,

For heaven on your deeds depends.

THE END

This poem is woven around the following Quraanic verse:

"WHEREVER YOU BE DEATH WILL OVERTAKE YOU OUT, EVEN IF YOU BE IN TOWERS STRONG AND LOFTY."

NB: This poem was copied from the book "Death is Certain" by PET Publications, Peermohamad Ebrahim Trust., 139, Faran Housing Society, Karachi-74800 (Pakistan)

I¹M TOO BUSY


Let's ponder upon this....
"People throw away what they could have,
By insisting on perfection--which they cannot have,
And looking for it where they will never find it.

"In the Name of Allah Most Gracious, Most Merciful

I'M TOO BUSY Everyday as I wake up at dawn
My mind start working the moment I yawn
There were many things to do, o dear!
That's why I hastily did my Subuh prayer
I didn't have the time to sit longer to praise the Lord
To me rushing out after prayer is nothing odd...

Since school, I had been busy every minute
Completing my tutorials and handing it in
My ECAs took up most of my time always
No time did I have to Allah to pray
Too many things to do and zikir is rare
For Allah, I really had no time to spare..

When I grew up and started my career
Working all day to secure my future
When I reached home, I prefered to have fun
I chatted on the phone but I didn't read the Quran
I spent too much time surfing the Internet
Sad to say, my faith was falling flat...

The only time I have left is weekends
During which I prefer window shopping with friends
I couldn't spare time to go to the mosque
I'm too busy, that's the BIG EXCUSE...

I did my five prayers but did so quickly
After prayer, I didn't sit longer to reflect quietly
I didn't have time to help the needy ones
I was loaded with work as my precious time runs

No time at all to visit a sick Muslim friend
To orphans and elderly, I hardly lent a hand
I'm too busy to do community service
When there were gatherings, I helped the least

My life was already full of stress
So I didn't counsel a Muslim in distress
I didn't spend much time with my family
B'coz I thought, doing so is a waste of time...

No time to share with non-Muslim about Islam
Even though I know, inviting causes no harm
No time to do Sunnah prayers at all
All these contribute to my imaan's fall..

I'm busy here and busy there
I've no time at all, that's all I care
I went for religious lessons, just once in awhile
Coz I'm too busy making a pile...

I worked all day and I slept all night
Too tired for Tahajjud and it seemed not right
To me, earning a living was already tough
so I only did basic deeds but that's not enough..

No time at all, to admire God's creation
No time to praise Allah and seek His Compassion
Although I know how short is my life
For Islam, I really didn't strive..

Finally the day comes, when the Lord calls for me
And I stood before Him with my Life's History
I feel so guilty b'coz I should have prayed more
Isn't that what a Muslim lives for?

To thank Allah and do more good deeds
And the Quran is for us all to read..

Now at Judgement Day, I'm starting to fret
I've wasted my life but it's too late to regret
My entry to Paradise depend on my good behavior
But I've not done enough nor did proper prayer

My "good deed book" is given from my right
An angel opened my "book" and read out my plight.

Then the angle chided me....

"O You Muslim servant, you are the one,
Who is given enough time, yet not much is done
Do you know that your faith is loose?
saying "no time" is only an excuse.
Your "good deed book" should be filled up more
with all the good work you stood up for..

Hence, I only recorded those little good deeds
As I say this, I know your eyes will mist..
I was about to write some more, you see
But I did not have, THE TIME to list".......

My Beloved

There was a time in my youth,
When Islam was only a custom.
They said "say La IIaha IIIa Allah,..
And pray, you'll go to Heaven."

Ah, how simple, no struggle in this,
Just a word, and simple act.
Thereafter I'm absorbed in this world again,
With my 'assured' place in Paradise intact.

But this was not to be my fate
For ALLAH chose to guide my heart.
I learnt of a man who struggled so hard
When his mission was from the start.

Spoke gently, kindness he knew.
Never fearing to say what's right,
His conviction in ISLAM was true.

The touch of his hand was as soft as silk
To comfort a crying child.
To mend his clothes, or do the chores,
Never complaining, he always smiled.

A living he made with his bare hands,
The same that held his mighty sword.
Valour shone from the edge of his blade,

His smell was always of musk,
And cleanliness he kept at his best.
Stark contrast with the heroes of today,
Who stink of beer and sweat.

He held the hands of his companions.
Unashamed to play with many children.
So modest, so humble, a perfect example,
That strangers could not recognise him.

His eyes slept little for nights were precious,
His prayers he treasured much greater.
To pray Tahajjud in the depths of night,
Seeking forgiveness, and nearness to his Creator.

He broke his tooth for me at Uhud,
And bled for me at Ta'if.
He cried for me, tears of concern,
Just so I could have this belief.

His enemies admired his teachings,
Uniting every religion, every clan.
Till ISLAM came to every corner of the world,
O, but indeed he was only a man.

To own a house, or build his wealth
Was not his main priority.
To establish ISLAM was more essential,
To bring us under a Higher Authority.

Don't you want him to plea for your case,
When before ALLAH-The Judge-you stand?
Don't you wish to be around his fountain,
A burning desire to drink from his hand?

So I love him more than all creation,
My Leader, my Humble Prophet.
Muhammad (SAWS) was a mercy to all mankind,
And to me, he is ... MY BELOVED !

Riyá
By AbuKhalid AlInglisi

Praiseworthy is the One, who oversees all that exists,
Whose sign is the night; the withdrawal of the day,
And the making of man; reversed in creation –
Given great weakness, after great strength.

Who He is, is obligatory to know,
What He desires only a fool would ignore,
For in His Grasp is the Fire of all fires,
The Flame that leaps over the hearts of men.

So how will it be on the Day of no recourse?
When the Questioner asks all of His Questions,
And those who are asked search for the answers,
The answers, which provide their Final Judgement.

When the Fire is brought close, closer still –
And it issues its Roars, twice and again!
Whereupon those who are standing, stand no more,
Save those who have provision, from their Lord.

Or when those who are questioned inside their box,
Who cannot answer those who enquire,
They are the ones who have glad tidings from their Lord –
Of a painful doom; forever more!

So how sad is the story that I have to tell?
Of the one whose deeds were for self-display,
Who worshipped alone, the pane of al-hawa,
For in that, his reflection he saw.

He was the one who recited the Book,
In a beautiful manner amongst the others,
Yet when he was alone, he was a fool to think –
There was none present, left to impress.

He lowered his gaze when amongst his brothers,
But when he saw no piety present,
Seldom would you be able to see –
That his eyes were not wide open.

The one who cried in the Jam’aá –
To show the others his khushu,
Show it was, for alone at night, he never wept,
When his Lord descended – when it would have mattered.

He gave away in sums of cash,
As if he did not fear poverty,
But of course, this was only when –
All the eyes were able to witness.

There are those who fast on alternate days – and say:
“Perhaps the thirst of the midday sun,
Would prove quenching, on the Final Day”
How beautiful a judgment – if only he thought,
Before he conveyed the deed of his.

And when he strove with those who fought,
With his eyes flaring, he lead from the front,
But this was only for creation to see –
What a fool he was, if only he knew!

His speech was of the highest eloquence,
In righteous dhikr he always seemed,
Yet this was a produce, of his previous rehearsal,
And his continuous, vain and deceitful pretence.

Ayah’s he recited from here and there,
Which hardly he had ever read,
And from them he issued impious fatawa,
To which he never thought twice.

The one who’s voice was above all others,
To expose his knowledge – which had no taqwa,
How pathetic a person he would seem,
In the Eyes of his Lord – Al-Mutakabir.

He delivered sermons from the minbar,
With rehearsed heart and lengthy sentiment,
Yet he awaited applause, to increase his pride –
The greatest trait of the one given respite.

The one who was told in the Greatest Book,
“Be not like those who come out of their homes –
Boastfully, to be seen of men”
Yet worship he keeps for creation, not its Supreme Creator.

Oh Worshipper of the flesh! – Do you see your shirk?
So vile, yet so difficult to sense,
Like the black ant, climbing the black wall,
In the darkest depths of the night.

So do you think his Salat will be accepted,
Or will his charity be counted?
Or do you believe his recital will be loved,
Or will his crying be heard?

Can it be that his fasting will be recognised,
Or his khutbah’s duly rewarded?
Does he deserve his shyness to be written,
Or his fatawa all not scrutinised?

Will his Lord allow his speech to be assessed,
Or his intentions hidden from the world?
Do you think his dhikr will be remembered,
Or will his Jihad be weighed?

I swear by Him, in whose Hand is my soul!
That the worst feeling to ever feel,
Is to have known that all your deeds have been lost –
Lost in oblivion – lost in riyá.

The Bridge Builder

Will Allen Dromgoole

An old man, going along the highway

Came at the evening, cold and gray,

To a chasm vast and deep and wide,

Through which was flowing a raging tide.

The old man crossed in the twilight dim;

The sullen stream had no fears for him;

But he turned when safe on the other side,

And built a bridge to span the tide.

"Old man," said a fellow-pilgrim near,

"You are wasting your strength with building

here;

Your journey will end with the closing day;

You never again will pass this way.

You've crossed the chasm deep and wide.

Why build you this bridge at eventide?

The builder lifted his old gray head.

"Good friend, in the path I have come," he

said,

There followeth after me today

A youth whose feet must pass this way.

This chasm which has been nought to me,

To that fair-haired youth may a pitfall be;

He, too, must cross in the twilight dim,

Good friend, I am building this bridge for him."

hey shoot children, don't they?
By Salameh A. Nsour, Ph.D.

They shot and killed and killed

They shot him more and more

To kill him so many times

The bullets made a circle on the wall

With Mohammed's heart its center

A hole in the wall

Right next to his bleeding father

Wailing was the twelve-year old boy

Under the high concrete wall

Now a Muslim wailing wall

The father's arms tried to shield

The high-powered bullets

(Made in the West/shot in the East)

>From reaching his little son

But in vain as both dropped and twitched

The son's hand loosened from the dad

And his face fell on dad's leg

The dad swelling from bleeding

With an open mouth and a hand on the boy

Leaning to the wall, unconscious and staring

They both ceased to be

A danger to the squadron now

To ensure more death, few bullets came

Hitting the human dart board; a soldierly game

Through this scene, the world sees

How beasts can enjoy their kill

With bullets as claws and teeth

Slaughtering cubs next to their dads

>From this scene, the end can be seen

Of killers roaming the alleys

Forget their wealth, their might, and their lovers

For they will be killed by their own fear

Oh Mohammed, rest in peace

Play with martyrs your age or younger

They too were ripped by holy bullets

Shot at them by the holiest

Who will never be called terrorist?

For their terrorizing holiness

brings them no shame nor blame

Nor a dirty name

And with such a divine immunity

Given to the killers

By all the able and the learned

Peace will never arrive

And it will continue to stay away

>From where bias and injustice thrive

Despite all the wishes of killers and their lovers

To bring dead peace around

And dump it on the ground

Your mom's eyes are very dry

Staring at the roads

Ascending to your home

"Surely he will come"

"Maybe he is late"

She says

Despite what she watched

The long moments prior to your death

Televised on the screens

Your five birds you left behind

Have been freed from the cage

Be happy for they managed to fly

So high

Away from the killer's bullet range

Worse than killers in this life are

Their free enslaved lovers

Refusing to call a killer a killer

Despite the blood on both hands

They only say "you were caught in cross fire"

"your little hand looked like a guided missile"

That is why the poor soldiers had to kill

You are guilty oh Mohammed

Had you not been created and alive

They would never have killed you

How amazing in this so-called civilized wired world

Children killers have to lie and lie

And so do their far away lovers

To make the story fit their wishes and hatefulness

With phrases and past participles

To make the uncertainty wash their killers

>From shame, blame or any special name

Some hope with their fancy reports

Those killed might look as killers

At the end of the day

In the eyes of the wired but weird world

But those who die in their blood

Mixed with the soil they love

Their blood is their eternal testimony

of innocence and of their desire to freely live

No guns or bullets in their hands

Except tiny stones from their lands

Children's blood will stain killers' souls

Washed or not, it stays and grows

Its smell goes to the fabric of killers'brains

To make their world entrenched in red

And insane

I wish you tell us from heaven

How terror befell you

While clinging to your dad

pleading them not to shoot

But I wonder if the World ever will or can

Dare to call your killers terrorists

Or is that such a name

reserved only for the infidels (in their eyes)

and for people of your skin?

The lovers of killers will only dare to say

"You died in a war; a normal thing to happen"

or "you just were killed in the battlefield by the bullets"

How come the lovers of killers only use

The past participle not the active tense

When the killers are well-known two-legged beasts

and not the bullets

And they call it a war

When "only one army was shooting"

Amazing how much ignorance and injustice

Can be begot

with knowledge and hate fused in a strong lover's heart

Rest in peace, Mohammed,

away from this World of lies

The so-called free wired world

You left behind

Is void of truth, freedom, and civility

Rest in peace and play

With heavenly toys of your own

And no bullets to shred you again

Again and again

Again and again

Again and again

DEATH

Ahmed Majid

It was early in the morning at four,
When death knocked upon a bedroom door,

Who is there? The sleeping one cried.
I'm Malkul Mawt, let me inside.


At once, the man began to shiver,
As one sweating in deadly fever,


He shouted to his sleeping wife,
Don't let him take away my life.


Please go away, O Angel of Death!
Leave me alone; I'm not ready yet.


My family on me depends,
Give me a chance, O please prepense!


The angel knocked again and again,
Friend! I'll take your life without a pain,


Tis your soul Allah requires,
I come not with my own desire.


Bewildered, the man began to cry,
O Angel I'm so afraid to die,


I'll give you gold and be your slave,
Don't send me to the unlit grave.


Let me in, O Friend! The Angel said,
Open the door; get up from your bed,


If you do not allow me in,
I will walk through it, like a Jinn.


The man held a gun in his right hand,
Ready to defy the Angel's stand.


I'll point my gun, towards your head,
You dare come in; I'll shoot you dead.


By now the Angel was in the room,
Saying, O Friend! Prepare for you doom.


Foolish man, Angels never die,
Put down your gun and do not sigh.


Why are you afraid! Tell me O man,
To die according to Allah's plan?


Come smile at me, do not be grim,
Be Happy to return to Him.


O Angel! I bow my head in shame,
I had no time to take Allah's Name.


From morning till dusk, I made my wealth,
Not even caring for my health.


Allah's command I never obeyed,
Nor five times a day I ever prayed.


A Ramadan came and a Ramadan went,
But no time had I to repent.


The Hajj was already FARD on me,
But I would not part with my money.


All charities I did ignore,
Taking usury more and more.


Sometimes I sipped my favorite wine,
With flirting women I sat to dine.


O Angel! I appeal to you,
Spare my life for a year or two.


The Laws of Quran I will obey,
I'll begin SALAT this very day.


My Fast and Hajj, I will complete,
And keep away from self-conceit.


I will refrain from usury,
And give all my wealth to charity,


Wine and wenches I will detest,
Allah's oneness I will attest.


We Angels do what Allah demands,
We cannot go against His commands.


Death is ordained for everyone,
Father, mother, daughter or son.


I'm afraid this moment is your last,
Now be reminded, of your past,


I do understand your fears,
But it is now too late for tears.


You lived in this world, two score and more,
Never did you, your people adore.


Your parents, you did not obey,
Hungry beggars, you turned away.


Your two ill-gotten, female offspring,
In nightclubs, for livelihood they sing.


Instead of making more Muslims,
You made your children non-Muslims.


You ignored the Mua'dhin Adhaan,
Nor did you read the Holy Quran.


Breaking promises all your life,
Backbiting friends, and causing strife.


From hoarded goods, great profits you made,
And your poor workers, you underpaid.


Horses and cards were your leisure,
Moneymaking was your pleasure.


You ate vitamins and grew more fat,
With the very sick, you never sat.


A pint of blood you never gave,
Which could a little baby save?


O Human, you have done enough wrong,
You bought good properties for a song.


When the farmers appealed to you,
You did not have mercy, tis true.


Paradise for you? I cannot tell,
Undoubtedly you will dwell in hell.


There is no time for you to repent,
I'll take your soul for which I am sent.


The ending however, is very sad,
Eventually the man became mad


With a cry, he jumped out of bed,
And suddenly, he fell down dead.


O Reader! Take moral from here,
You never know, your end may be near


Change your living and make amends
For heaven, on your deeds depends.


If this poem inspires you,
It can help someone too.

**********************************************
At least take sometime, and do not make it ban
And send it to as many people as you can.


What do yohave for your END?
Take Care with: The END

Just close your eyes and imagine

Just close your eyes and imagine,
You have just one more day to live;
One more day to show Allah,
What "Jannah" he should give?
To say goodbye to your family,
And all your closest friends;
To ask for forgiveness,
And try to make amends;

Just close your eyes and imagine,
Did you miss a prayer or two?
Did you please Allah, and do the things,
He asks every Muslim to do?

Just close your eyes and imagine,
Tomorrow you will be gone;
No more second chances,
To smell the mist of dawn;

Just close your eyes and imagine,
The angels are going to come,
To take your soul and ask,
In your life "what have you done"?

Just close your eyes and imagine,
The words you want to say;
Will not come out you may realize,
For all your deeds you'll pay;
You want to speak out, to cry out,
In Allah I believe;
But, silence beckons you,
No more can u deceive;

Just close your eyes and imagine,
Finally,
Your silence breaks away;
You tell the angels you believe in Allah,
And for him, you did pray;
You say as tears are pouring down your face
Please, Allah, forgive me,
For the sins that I committed,
Have mercy is my plea!

Just close your eyes and imagine,
That the smell of musk surrounds you,
From your head down to your feet;
You realize Allah forgave you,
Hell fire you did defeat;

But we all know as Muslims,
When it's time for you to die;
You'll not be given a second chance,
To say a last goodbye;

So live each day as If it's your last,
And never forget to pray;
So when the angels come to ask,
You'll know the words to say.

Palestinian am I

by E. Yaghi

No one can take away from me
My identity,
For it is mine.

Palestinian am I.
I am the river that flows
Through my land.
I am the mountain
Noble and magnificent
Rising up out of chaos and destruction.

I greet the morning sun
That shines down on my fertile valleys
And parches my barren desert.

I am the red poppy and yellow daffodil
That grow upon my bloodstained hills.
I am the battle cry of freedom
That echoes through my corridors
And every
fiber of my being.

Palestinian am I.

I am the proud owner of
Orange orchards and lemon blossoms
And honey bees, wild and free.

I am the Palestinian
David child wielding a single stone
Against the Israeli Goliath.
I am not afraid,

For truth is with me and God is on my side.
If I die,
A choir of angels will
honor me
And later, my parents will grasp my outstretched hand
And join me in Heaven.

I am the tears of
Mothers weeping for their dead sons.
I am the footsteps of ancient prophets
Who foretold of doom and destruction
To those who torture and oppress me.

My brethren are the doves, hummingbirds and seagulls
That fly unhindered above my sea.
I am Palestinian,
Therefore, I am.

No one can take my identity
Away from me,
Not tanks or guns or bombs
Meant to desecrate me and kill me.

My country lives in me.

I am the cry of liberty.

No matter what they take from me,
They can't take away my identity
Or my dignity.

Palestinian am I.

No comments: